[Gambas-user] What is most efficient method of creating simple paths for sprites to follow?

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Thu Apr 30 08:25:38 CEST 2009

I need to write a path maker for my game maker- it needs to be a graphical
interface s the game maker is geared for people with little to no computer
programming skills.

Paths are used to define the movement of sprites on the game screen like the
aliens in Galaga moving in from the side, etc. Of course there are others
uses for these movement paths.

I am thinking that in the gamemaker on a drawing window the user can place a
series of waypoint objects that an object would move to and when reach that
waypoint execute a set of instructions and goto the next waypoint. A line
could be drawn between each set of objects to show the user the path.

Here is my question:  When the game is compiled should the waypoints become
actual invisible objects or just x,y coordinates in a table or array?

2nd question: is it faster to load an animation or make one at runtime (ie
rotations, scaling, etc)?

JB Skaggs