[Gambas-user] Format Text

Stefan Miefert smiefert at ...784...
Thu Apr 23 19:25:56 CEST 2009

Hello,

i try your version included "string.len ...
 but it dosent run  when I have äöü inside.

I always get "bad arguments"

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Rolf-Werner Eilert [mailto:eilert-sprachen at ...221...]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. April 2009 18:04
An: mailing list for gambas users
Betreff: Re: [Gambas-user] Format Text

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Miefert schrieb:
> Istn very smart but i do something like this now
>

> "Test" & space(30 - len("Test)) & "Alles how I can"

Not very smart? Hm. This would be just my solution.

> But how can I align something like number like this
>
> 22.55
> 1.22
> 133.22
>
> Must be like this
>
>  22.55
>   1.22
> 133.22

Just do it the other way round. If txt$ contains the text:

space(30 - len(txt$)) & txt$

or better (if umlauts are contained)

space(30 - string.len(txt$)) & txt$

That should do it... at least if you use Courier. For proportional
fonts, you will want to use a drawing space like Printer or DrawingArea
and work with measures of text lengths etc. That's quite another world,
though it's basically the same way of grouping the columns.

Rolf