[Gambas-user] Error on Jaunty

Jesus Guardon jguardon at ...2035...
Tue Apr 21 21:41:32 CEST 2009

I agree with CelticBoy

I've installed a working deb of my own application on Jaunty, that is
running fine on Ubuntu 8.10 Gnome (and 8.04 with some tweaking), and
also on latest version of openSuse KDE.
Now, it crashes with signal 11. Initially it was developed on Gambas 2.9
compiled manually on my 8.10 Intrepid, but I've installed Gambas 2.8
from the Jaunty repositories, loaded my project and still crashes. It
uses gambas2-gb-qt, and if I change to use gb-gui, now loads, but I get
some other errors, of course, when it didn't find the proper classes.
So my two cents are that this issue has something to do with the new
Gnome desktop version and new libraries in this upcoming Ubuntu 9.04.
Why the hell this distribution is upgrading so often?

In the other hand, trying to install 2.12 .deb package of Gambas2 gives
dependency errors, as Celtic said. It looks for libpoppler3, and
libpoppler4 comes with Jaunty, instead.

Benoit, if you need my project files I can give you a link to checkout
my svn tree.

Thanks

Jesús