[Gambas-user] More null problems

Bruce bbruen at ...2090...
Mon Apr 20 07:59:26 CEST 2009

I have a set of two radio buttons in a panel control (Male & Female),  when a
new person object is loaded into the form I need to set the gender
appropriately.  However, some persons' gender is not known, say for "Brown,
J" and I am trying unsuccessfully to set both radio buttons to reflect this.

IF p.gender = "M" THEN
	rbMale.Value = TRUE
	rbFemale.Value = FALSE
ELSE IF p.gender = "F" THEN
	rbMale.Value = FALSE
	rbFemale.Value = TRUE		'OK So far, but...
ELSE
	rbMale.Value = FALSE
	rbFemale.Value = FALSE
ENDIF

In the unknowns case, the radiobuttons are always left in the state they were
in on the previous object.  So, if I go from Brown, Hillary (F) to Brown, J
the value is left as for Hillary.  But if I go from Brown, Kevin (M) to
Brown, J its left as for Kevin.

I've also tried setting both rb Values to NULL but this gives the same result.

Any clues?

tia
Bruce