[Gambas-user] Programming beginner: first program won't run?

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Mon Apr 20 00:09:37 CEST 2009

On Sunday 19 April 2009, phohammer wrote:
> I would do as you said with the Object example, but those of infinite wisdom
> made it read-only.

When you make a copy to your home directory or the place where you want to
store your projects it is automagic not readonly any more.

copy /usr/local/share/gambas3/examples/Basic/Object
to /home/phohammer/gambas/projects/

(note: local is on my box, gambas3 may be gambas2)

If you check you will see your name as owner and read/write
for you is OK

The 'infinite wisdom' is to prevent you to damage a valuable example
you need the next time as possible template in your next project.
It should not to be to difficult to make a copy to your home place.

This copy should test first for good working before you start
working with it.

Best regards,

Ron_1st