[Gambas-user] Programming beginner: first program won't run?

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Sun Apr 19 05:36:24 CEST 2009

Okay two other things then:

make sure your control names match the names in your code (ie label1 is
actually named label1 on the form etc)
two make sure you dont have the controls set to visible.false on the form.

try this code:

public sub form_open()
    label1.visible=true
    button1.visible=true
    textbox1.visible=true
    textbox1.readonly=false
    textbox1.text="Hello World!"
end

public sub button1_click()
    label1.text = Textbox1.text
end

The first section makes sure your controls are visible and that textbox is
not set to readonly (although you shouldn't have to do this as by default
controls are visible and readonly = false), and sets the text of textbox1 to
hello world. You can type whatever you want in the textbox.

The second section assigns any text in the textbox1 to the label1.

Tell me if this runs for you?

JB Skaggs