[Gambas-user] Writing a "Choose Your Own Adventure" prototype

Marc Carson marc at ...2086...
Wed Apr 15 19:39:35 CEST 2009

I want to make a short adventure game that lets users read text and look
at an image that explains where they are in the story, and then lets
them make a decision like, 1) get in the car or 2) run and call the
police. These choices then branch into other choices, and at many points
the player may die or complete the adventure in different ways. I hope
that makes sense...

What I'm wondering is, what sort of data structures and approaches to
this type of software should I use? The last time I did something like
this, as a youngster, I used GOTO everywhere. :-) But I've heard there
are better ways.

Thanks for any tips for a beginner...

Marc