[Gambas-user] Input box incorrect size of the text control. My first problem.

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Apr 13 00:42:41 CEST 2009

On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 04:45:13 am agrgal wrote:
> Hi, everybody! Excuse my English.
>
> I've noticed an embarrasing 'bug' when I use an Input Box in my programs.
> Functionality isn't put at risk but looks horrible. I think an image is
> better than words...
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p23013689/inputbox.png
>

> How can I fix this problem? It happens whatever computer is used.

This won't happen if you put the controls instide a container eg HBox1(here
the dotted lines represent Hbox 1). See the pictures attatched. Note that the
expand property of the textbox is set to true.

| label1          textbox1                   |

However, if you simply gave the new form dialog properties when asked to
create the form most of that (the button positioning) would be done for you,
and you would only have to add the above.

Of course you will have to make it look prettier than my pictures!

Regards

Richard