[Gambas-user] Maybe off topic: but have anyone dealt with domain transfer issues?

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Fri Apr 3 06:38:41 CEST 2009

One of my main sites the one I had put the Gambas school on had a domain
registered with siteground. Last month I transferred the domain on 3/19 to
rubyringtech.  The domain was not expired was paid and would not expire
until  the April 1st.

Today siteground somehow refused to transfer my account and so my gambas
school site and some others went down.

Siteground said that I cannot transfer a site with fifteen days of
expiration- that I had to pay for another year just to finish the transfer!

Is this legal or even normal?  I have used webhosting for almost ten years
now and never had anything like this.

SO I paid the registration fee for a domain I paid to have transferred away
from on the 19th- and its not a huge amount of money but it seems well
crooked.

JB