[Gambas-user] Function Len in gambas2

vlahonick vlahonick tsopanotragi at ...67...
Wed Apr 1 22:46:39 CEST 2009

> From: Karl.Reinl at ...9...
> To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 22:14:47 +0200
> Subject: [Gambas-user] Function Len  in gambas2
>
> Salut,
>
> am I wrong? but I think thats use for nothing as LEN works actually in
> gambas2
>
> from .....gambas2/help/help/lang/len.html
>
> Len
> Syntax
> iLength = Len ( sArg AS String ) AS Integer
>
> Returns the byte count which is occupied by the String sArg. Each ASCII
> character which has the code 0 to 127 requires one byte, UTF-8
> characters as äöüß require two or more bytes.
>
> Examples
> PRINT Len("Gambas"), Len("äöü")
> <hr>6       6
> PRINT Len("")
> 0
>
> See also
> String Functions
>
> for what good that for?
>
> --
> Amicalment
> Charlie

hi again...sorry about the delay in my reply :D
but i really didnt understand ur example here....
of course now i realise that even the textbox2.text had the reasult i wanted the problem will
be in the letters appering because of their bytes...
but the main problem is not solved yet....
still in the textbox2.text appears what i am writing in the textbox1.text and not what i want...
and abou the example u gave me with if then else end if is a bad idea because if for example we want to
converter a word i have to put many boxes and the user to write a letter in every box to have in that many other boxes a result....
(anyway i tried this but just didnt work...)
so plz if u can tell me how i can make with two boxes every character i wrote in the first box to appear what i want in the second box....
what i wrote wrong???why at the 2nd box appears what i am writing in the 1st box???
plz solve this and then if this problem is solved but in the second or first textbox the charactes doesnt appears in the way the should i will try to set somehow that they are UTF-8 characters so they have more bytes...
ty again for ur replies :D:D:D

vlahonick...LOVE AND GREETINGS FROM GREECE :D
also u can see some of my work in the www.vlahonick.freehost.gr (of course u dont gonna understand many because site is in greek but u can try download my games->www.vlahonick.freehost.gr/downloads.html and press Παιχνίδια=games)

here my code for one more time :

' Gambas class file

PUBLIC SUB _new()

END

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

END

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
DIM nI AS Integer
DIM sAnyChar AS String
TextBox2.text = ""
   FOR nI = 1 TO Len(TextBox1.Text)
      sAnyChar = Mid(TextBox1.Text, nI, 1)
      TextBox2.Text = TextBox2.Text & Gronverter(sAnyChar)
   NEXT
END

FUNCTION Gronverter(sInChar AS String) AS String
DIM sRetChar AS String = sInChar

IF sInChar = "α" THEN sRetChar = "a"
IF sInChar = "β" THEN sRetChar = "v"
IF sInChar = "γ" THEN sRetChar = "g"