[Gambas-user] (no subject)

Simonart Dominique simonart.dominique at ...11...
Wed Apr 1 20:11:51 CEST 2009

vlahonick vlahonick a écrit :

>> From: Karl.Reinl at ...9...
>> To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
>> Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:14:32 +0200
>> Subject: Re: [Gambas-user] (no subject)

>>> I tried your test and it was really what i need :D
>>> Faster in code with less writing and more simple :D
>>> But when i try to modify it and put instead of number greek latters and then i run the program
>>> the result in text box 2 is some boxes like |X|...so this means that for some reason the program doesnt respawn in greek or doesnt understand them?
>>> How i can modify the code?
>>>
>>> ty a lot
>> Salut,
>>
>> seams to be a UTF problem.
>>
>> make a NEW project, with one form, 2 NEW textboxs and a NEW button, then
>> copy all the code from the .class from the Test-project to your
>> new .class
>>
>> May be that helps.
>>
>> PS: I call that an converter.
>> --
>> Amicalment
>> Charlie
>>
> ty one more time for ur replies but still got problems...
> i tried to follow ur instructions but failed again by the result...
> i prefer the whole thing to be triggered when u press the ok button so i didnt put the code in the textbox1.text but at the button (doesnt mmater just told u)
> here is the code i wrote quickly...to try it..
>

> PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click()
> DIM nI AS Integer
> DIM sAnyChar AS String
> TextBox2.text = ""
>    FOR nI = 1 TO Len(TextBox1.Text)
>       sAnyChar = Mid(TextBox1.Text, nI, 1)
>       TextBox2.Text = TextBox2.Text & Gronverter(sAnyChar)
>    NEXT
> END
>
> FUNCTION Gronverter(sInChar AS String) AS String
> DIM sRetChar AS String = sInChar
>
> IF sInChar = "α" THEN sRetChar = "a"
> IF sInChar = "β" THEN sRetChar = "v"
> IF sInChar = "γ" THEN sRetChar = "g"
> IF sInChar = "δ" THEN sRetChar = "d"
> IF sInChar = "ε" THEN sRetChar = "e"
> IF sInChar = "ζ" THEN sRetChar = "z"
> IF sInChar = "η" THEN sRetChar = "ι"
> IF sInChar = "θ" THEN sRetChar = "th"
> IF sInChar = "ι" THEN sRetChar = "i"
> IF sInChar = "κ" THEN sRetChar = "k"
> IF sInChar = "λ" THEN sRetChar = "l"
> IF sInChar = "μ" THEN sRetChar = "m"
> IF sInChar = "ν" THEN sRetChar = "n"
> IF sInChar = "ξ" THEN sRetChar = "x"
> IF sInChar = "ο" THEN sRetChar = "o"
> IF sInChar = "π" THEN sRetChar = "p"
> IF sInChar = "ρ" THEN sRetChar = "r"
> IF sInChar = "σ" THEN sRetChar = "s"
> IF sInChar = "τ" THEN sRetChar = "t"
> IF sInChar = "υ" THEN sRetChar = "i"
> IF sInChar = "φ" THEN sRetChar = "f"
> IF sInChar = "χ" THEN sRetChar = "h"
> IF sInChar = "ψ" THEN sRetChar = "ps"
> IF sInChar = "ω" THEN sRetChar = "o"
> RETURN sRetChar
>
> END
>
> PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click()
>
>   TextBox1.text = ""
>   TextBox2.text = ""
> END

> [...]
Hi,
I think that your greek characters are 2 bytes characters!
If so, the one byte character you send to Gronverter routine
is never equivalent to the greek cha and so you always
return the initial char

HTH
Dominique Simonart