[Gambas-user] Timer question

JB Skaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Wed Apr 1 10:45:41 CEST 2009

If I understand what you mean this is what I did to be able to pause and
start a timer as the same spot and continue.

Mind you I am just beginning to understand this stuff. So bear with the
inefficient coding.

' Gambas class file
PUBLIC a AS Integer ' for seconds
PUBLIC i AS Integer ' for new timer1.delay
' timer1.delay set to 10000 for ten seconds, timer 2 for 1000, and
timer3 for 1
'button1 stops and displays seconds passed
'button 2 starts and displays new seconds to go and counts up to it.
'if timer1 counts all the way down it will turn the button1 red

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

a = 0 'integer for seconds

Timer1.Enabled = TRUE 'starts main timer
Timer2.Enabled = TRUE 'starts seconds counter
END

PUBLIC SUB Timer2_Timer() ' this is little counter that counts seconds
  a += 1
  Timer3.enabled = TRUE
END

PUBLIC SUB timer3_timer()  'resets timer2 AND displays seconds
  ValueBox1.Value = a
  Timer2.Start

END

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click() 'stops timers and gets time from A and
converts to seconds

Timer3.Stop
Timer2.Stop
i = (10000 - (a * 1000)) 'the new delay setting for timer.delat to start
where left off
ValueBox1.Value = a
END

PUBLIC SUB Button2_Click() 'starts the timer1 again and resets A
Timer1.delay = i
Timer1.STOP
ValueBox2.Value = (Timer1.Delay) / 1000
Timer1.Start
Timer2.Start
a = 0
END

PUBLIC SUB Timer1_Timer() ' what happens when timer1 goes off

  Button1.BackColor = Color.Red
  Timer2.Stop
  Timer3.Stop
  ValueBox1.Value = a