[Gambas-user] Ubuntu now installs Gambas 2.8.2

charlesg charles at ...1784...
Fri Sep 26 09:51:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

I see that Ubuntu now installs Gambas 2.8.2 by default. This is grand news.
I am interested to know whether such a change would have been instigated
from Ubuntu itself or from the Gambas community. I do not know how
Ubuntu/Debian select packages for inclusion.

If the impetus comes from Ubuntu/Debian then I am sure it is good news.

2.8.2 is also on the cover disk of the latest Linux Format (LXF111) magazine
though without much editorial comment. They do describe it as "a structured,
modular language that's great for quickly hacking together graphical
programs".

rgds