[Gambas-user] gambas3 compile problem

Joshua Higgins joshiggins at ...1601...
Sun Sep 28 01:13:45 CEST 2008

Hi,

df showed that /tmp was not full (only 5% used), but I had another hdd
mounted at /mnt which was 99% used, and unmounting that seemed to sort out
the problem (god knows why).

thanks for the tip about compiling as normal user, I would usually just
"sudo su" because i got sick of typing in sudo all the time, but I didn't
know you could ./configure and make as normal user.

:)

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 8:10 PM, Laurent Carlier <lordheavym at ...626...>wrote:

> Le samedi 27 septembre 2008 20:49:42 Joshua Higgins, vous avez écrit :
> > hello all,
> >
> > trying to compile gambas3 here, following instructions off website to the
> > letter (running Ubuntu Hardy on 32bit). I type ./reconf-all and get this:
> >
> > root at ...1984...:/home/development/gambas3/trunk# ./reconf-all/usr/bin/m4:
> > configure.ac:6: ERROR: copying inserted file: No space left on device
> > /usr/bin/m4:configure.ac:6: cannot clean temporary file for diversion
> > autom4te: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
> > aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
> > autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
> > root at ...1984...:/home/development/gambas3/trunk#
> >
> > what does this mean and how can i fix it??
> >
> > thanks .
>
> root at ...1984... <- root ! it's really a bad usage !
> Build gambas as a normal user (./reconf-all && ./configure && make)
> then install with sudo (sudo make install) in ubuntu like or
> with su otherwise (su -c 'make install').
>
> "No space left on device"
> What does the command 'df' give in a terminal ?
>
> Regards,

joshua higgins