[Gambas-user] setting window type

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Sep 27 14:48:45 CEST 2008

On samedi 27 septembre 2008, Joshua Higgins wrote:
> I am planning to make a desktop environment using gambas and openbox.
> Probably a stupid question, but how do I install Gambas 3?

This is exactly why I enhanced gb.desktop in Gambas 3. I added the following
features:

* Desktop.Count = Number of virtual desktops (writable)
* Desktop.Current = Current virtual desktop (writable)
* Desktop[i] = Returns the virtual desktop #i
* Desktop[i].X,Y,Width,Height = Virtual desktop dimension (read-only)
* Desktop[i].Name = Virtual desktop name (writable)
* Desktop.ActiveWindow = X11 id of the current active window (writable)
* Desktop.Showing = Enable/Disable the "Show desktop" button (writable)
* Desktop.Windows = All top-level windows
* Desktop.Windows.StackingOrder = An array of top-level windows following the
stacking order
* Desktop.Windows[id] = Returns the top-level window from its X11 id.
* Desktop.Windows[id].X,Y,Width,Height = Window dimensions
* Desktop.Windows[id].State = Window state
* Desktop.Windows[id].ClearState()/SetState()/ToggleState() = Window state
management
* Atom[Name] = Returns an X11 atom from its name

To use the last methods, you must read the freedesktop.org window manager
specification, and must know what an X11 atom is, and how it works.

Benoit Minisini