[Gambas-user] destroying and re-creating objects in a form

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Sep 26 00:32:10 CEST 2008

On jeudi 25 septembre 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I have a form with buttons, textlabels, and the like.
>
> Is there a way to destroy these objects and then re-create them?
> I was told on another thread about translations that for translations
> to take effect this needs to be done....
>
> I have tried the object's delete methods, that indeed destroys the
> object... but I dont know how to get it back with it's new properties
> now
>
> Please help

Hi,

I have committed some changes in revision #1600 that fixes the crash you
encountered.

Now, during the FMain.Button1_Click event handler, you can do the following
safely:

  System.Language = ...
  ME.Delete
  FMain.Show

The WAIT is not needed anymore, as now the deleted forms become immediately
invalid, and so the call to FMain.Show recreates a new one (with the new
translations).

Benoit Minisini