[Gambas-user] Oops... just another question (short!)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 24 13:09:44 CEST 2008

On mercredi 24 septembre 2008, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Doriano Blengino schrieb:
> > Benoit Minisini ha scritto:

> >> Maybe it does not work... The printing system of Qt 3 is not very
> >> reliable on some place. Maybe you should print multiple copies yourself!
> >
> > I already did so. But it is a pity to have a beatiful standard
> > printer.setup() and tell the final user "...but you should not touch the
> > Copies field... use instead the other blah blah because... blah blah
> > blah...". Many users think that linux is in some way an handicapped
> > version of windows, and this thought starts as soon as I say "before
> > buying a printer, tell me what printer is - I must verify it is ok for
> > the application"...
> >
> > Regards.
>
> Doriano,
>
> you can completely forget this problem if you print into files and send
> them to kprinter. Just read out the number of copies and send the file
> twice, for instance.
>
> I think, Benoit even emphasizes doing it this way.
>
> Anyway, since I've been doing it, I never had any trouble printing from
> my Gambas apps.
>
> Regards
> Rolf

Yes. And if KDE developed its own printer system, maybe the Qt one was not
useful. It seems that the printer system of Qt 4 will be cool enough so that
KDE won't have to develop its own one again.

Benoit Minisini