[Gambas-user] Compare event

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Mon Sep 22 14:40:02 CEST 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Benoit Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> Look in the source of the FileView control. It uses this event to sort
> files
> according to the selected sorted column.
>
> Regards,

Thanks I had a look at it and cannot figure it totally out. I would like to
implement a little test program to get hang of it.

There are several components that use compare. Is the implementation always
named as View_Compare?
The line LAST.Compare = iComp in FileView.class stores the value to whoever
called the View_Compare in the first place. That whoever must also implement
PUBLIC Property Compare - am I right?

I would highly appreciate an example how to  synchronize two ListViews with
Compare. I am sure that kind of example would be useful to others as well.
So if you have time and patience...

Best Regards
Kari Laine