[Gambas-user] Object.Attach & Object.Detach

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Sat Sep 20 17:34:04 CEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Benoit Minisini <
gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> On samedi 20 septembre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to learn Object.Attach and Object.Detach. I have following
> > code in a little program
> >
> >   Object.Attach($hTextBoxView, ME, "TextBoxView")
> > '  Object.Detach($hTextBoxView)
> >
> > If object.detach is commented out it works as supposed. SUBs in ME
> > handle events. If Object.Attach is also commented out FORM's subs take
> > care of events. But then I tried to see whether Object.Detach returns
> > event-handling to original Form-based - it doesn't. I have some basic
> > misunderstanding in this - could someone comment, please.
>
> Objects just do not remember the old objects they were attached to.
>
> Thanks Benoit,

Where do events go then? Is there way to do "remembering" myself in code?
This is marginal question, so if you busy - don't answer.

Best Regards
Kari Laine