[Gambas-user] Object.Attach & Object.Detach

Kari Laine kari.laine at ...1400...
Sat Sep 20 16:21:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

I am trying to learn Object.Attach and Object.Detach. I have following
code in a little program

  Object.Attach($hTextBoxView, ME, "TextBoxView")
'  Object.Detach($hTextBoxView)

If object.detach is commented out it works as supposed. SUBs in ME
handle events. If Object.Attach is also commented out FORM's subs take
care of events. But then I tried to see whether Object.Detach returns
event-handling to original Form-based - it doesn't. I have some basic
misunderstanding in this - could someone comment, please.

If someone have time to make little example with explanation - it would
be highly appreciated.

I tried to send this question to list yesterday with attached project -
but it does not show up. Did anybody see it? For me it seems sourceforge
list-handling is not the best of brand...

Best Regards
Kari Laine