[Gambas-user] gb.sdl.sound

Ron ron at ...1740...
Sat Sep 20 13:22:16 CEST 2008

Ron schreef:
> Hi,
>
> I have added the gb.sdl.sound component to my program.
>
> My program runs for a short time and then gambas crashes with signal 11,
> what was the correct way to get useful info out of the core files it
> dumped?
> I cannot find it...
>
> Music.Load() failes to load _any file_ I supply.
>
> Error: "Unable to load WAV file" not very informative...
>
> My pulseaudio setup could be the problem maybe, but getting something
> from the core files would be nice.

Some more info:

When pulsaudio cannot reach the default server to play to, because it's
not started, you get this when you start a gambas program with the
gb.sdl.sound component enabled (even without any sdl sound command in
your program)

*** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused

Apperantly gambas is opening the audio device, even without any command
to run or sound to play.

When you now try to load any file with Music.Load(file) it failes, I
find that quite strange, because its only loading an audio file, and not
playin yet.
Playing fails also, because it couldnt load it earlier ofcourse.

When I start my pulseaudio server, I get this error in the console when
my program starts:

open /dev/sequencer: No such file or directory

That device is not on my system. (debian 4.0 with qt)

But loading and playing file now works (Music.Load and Music.Play)
Lets see if its stable now.

Regards,
Ron_2nd