[Gambas-user] Suggestion for IDE behaviour

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 17 01:07:46 CEST 2008

On mercredi 10 septembre 2008, Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On lundi 08 septembre 2008, richard terry wrote:
> > I keep a directory in my project where I keep a text file for changes I
> > want to make to forms
> > I note at run-time that like all forms, any file in here is not editable.
> >
> > I wondered if it would be possible to allow files not used during the
> > running of the project to be editable at run-time - as I find I'd like to
> > make notes as I watch the behaviour of my program, and am unable to do
> > this because of the above behaviour.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Richard
>
> How can you know that a file won't be used?

In Gambas 3, there is a new project folder named "Project" (!) where you can
put any files that don't go in the executable.

At the moment they are read-only at runtime, like other data files, but they
can be easily writable.

Benoit Minisini