[Gambas-user] UTF-8 in ListBox and ComboBox - Gambas1

Mon Sep 15 18:00:17 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

just a short question on UTF-8: in a Gambas 1 project, I've got a
ListBox and a ComboBox, both with the same contents: a short list of
names like A 08 or C 07.

One of them is "Ü 08". The Listbox and the ComboBox both show these
items correctly on screen. But when I read out the "Ü 08" from the
ComboBox (ComboBox.Current.Text), the text isn't delivered correctly
into the internal string. The ListBox however does deliver it correctly,
so it's still a "Ü 08".

What would you do to get a correctly made up string from the ComboBox?
The problem is that I have to make a path from it like

"/this/there" &/ theString & ".ending"

where the theString results in some ".. 08" instead of "Ü 08" when it's
read from the ComboBox.

Thanks for your help.

Rolf