[Gambas-user] Feature request

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Thu Sep 11 02:29:44 CEST 2008

Sure-

When I make a package release for say ubuntu, mandrake, debian, fedora, etc
and have gambas IDE make all the packages. It places all the make packages
in one single directory.

When I try and make the packages at seperate times it changes the release
number which really complicates tracking the software.  And its a pain to
manually go back and either change the release number or to try and copy out
which files go with which packages and cut and move them.  (I almost always
end up losing or missing files)

If there was a way to have the IDE request a directory for each different
package:

Right now the IDE asks for one destination directory, but if I could have it
ask for a destination dirctory for each type of linux chosen that would help
alot.

Example:

so for ubuntu I could choose: /home/distro/ubuntu

for fedora I could choose: /home/distro/fedora

etc

does that make sense?

JB