[Gambas-user] Multi threaded apps

nando nando_f at ...951...
Sat Sep 6 01:11:27 CEST 2008

I think multi-threaded would be wonderful and groundbreaking, but much work.
Hypothetical example:

PUBLIC SUB Button1_Click() NEW THREAD (Low Priority)

  DIM x AS INTEGER

  PRINT Button1.Thread     'this indicates which thread it is (1,2,3,4...)
                           'because clicking the button makes a new thread
                           'something like a 'collection of threads'
  FOR x = 1 TO 12345678
   PRINT x
  NEXT
END

This thread would cease to exist when the SUB is completed.
The main thread continues processing along side this one.

The interpreter would have to switch running threads regularly.

Thinking out loud.
-Fernando