[Gambas-user] Is it possible to command OpenOffic.org

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Sep 3 17:18:25 CEST 2008

On mercredi 03 septembre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the VB times I made use of the possibility to create Excel sheets
> from VB. Is it possible to make same for OOo from Gambas?
>
> Best Regards
> Kari

You don't really need specific feature in Gambas for that.

OpenOffice are text files zipped, so you can create a spreadsheet with
OpenOffice, and use it as a template with your Gambas program by unzipping
it, modifying the content.xml file, and zip it back.

I'm using this method with the web application I develop in Gambas for my job.
I generate OpenOffice documents, Word/Excel documents and PDF.

Benoit Minisini