[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Sep 3 12:25:37 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008, Kari Laine wrote:

> Was it him who originated the wiki-idea? I think it is a good idea but now
> it is his turn to comment and maybe tell his real name...
>
> Best Regards
> Kari Laine

Not sure it was his idea but he is as holder/hoster/republisher
of the wiki who needs the permission for the Dutch law.

When he is a ISP and a customer of that ISP is the owner of the wiki
then the customer need the permission and the orginating publisher can
ask the ISP to knock off the customers wiki site when no permision exsists.

If the ISP get the permission, the ISP is responsible of the wiki
content and I do not think any ISP wants that.

If you or I get the permision then the publisher can ask the ISP to
knock off the wiki/site and the ISP *MUST* do that action becasuse
the ISP's customer has no rights to do and you r I are not a customer
of the ISP.

It is just as simple as that and the reason AllBasic should get
the permision himself.
It is the risk of having a site with protected content even if
it is free (in all ways) to everyone, using logo's and/or
registered productnames and even can advertise the product.

This is something many home webmaster wanabees are forget when
they setup a (private) website to the general public.

I hope this also explains something I wrote before.

Best regards
Ron_1st