[Gambas-user] new user

Tue Sep 2 11:31:18 CEST 2008

Kari Laine ha scritto:
> On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Doriano Blengino <
> doriano.blengino at ...1909...> wrote:
>

>> Look at the manual page about GridView - it contains an example on how
>> to set grid "dimensions" (number of row and columns), and fill them by
>> code. About to see them... I don't understand the problem; provided that
>> the event loop is called, then you will see any data a Gridview is
>> filled with.
>>

> Thanks for good info. Could you please tell me what you are referring with
> "manual page about GridView"? I could not find it.

I downloaded the html documentation, so the relevant part is the last
one (xxx is my local path):

xxx/help/comp/gb+qt/gridview.html

If you point to the main page of the online help, the one which has an
"tree index" on the left, click on "gb.qt" in the left; the right side
of the page will show a directory of QT controls - there you will find
"GridView".

Or, you can look at online documentation (I get a different layout, but
it's ok...):

http://gambasdoc.org/help/comp

and there you find "gb.qt". GTK is almost the same, but several hidden
and obscure differences/bugs arise. It is very good you can choose
between QT and GTK without changing anything in your project and, for
simple GUI management, GTK works enough; if you need "solid" GUI, QT is
the way to go, at the moment.

I don't know why my local copy of the help has a nice index in the left,
while I cannot get it online. My local copy was borrowed directly from
the source distribution.

Anyway, I paste here the source code on how to fill a Gridview:

      Examples

'Fill grid explicitely
GridView1.Columns.Count = 4
GridView1.Rows.Count = 3
GridView1.Columns.Width = 52
GridView1.Rows[1].Height = 52
GridView1[0,0].Text = "0,0"
GridView1[0,0].Alignment = 4
GridView1[1,1].Text = "1,1"
GridView1[0,1].Text = "0,1"
GridView1[1,0].Picture = Picture["image.png"]

Keeping on willing to help,
best regards.
Doriano Blengino