[Gambas-user] Nice book of Gambas

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Mon Sep 1 13:05:21 CEST 2008

> Based on what I understand from the license section of the PDF, the
> book was made an open document with the ability to expand on it. If I
> read it wrong, please correct my error.
>
> I think the original text is still needed. I tried to convert it with
pdftohtml and got this error

susePK1:/home/kari/kirjat # pdftohtml gambas_beginner_guide.pdf gambas.html
Error: Copying of text from this document is not allowed.

So the pdf is protected. I don't know whether it possible to hack pdftohtml
to ignore that...

If it is really open document and publishing company or John don't object it
we could divide the work to 50 pages each and start typing :-) But it would
be nice to get the source.

Best Regards
Kari