[Gambas-user] Please help with directory problem

Fri Oct 31 18:28:24 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> On vendredi 31 octobre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
>
>> Thanks Benoit !
>>

> I often forget the WAIT keyword after a SHELL or EXEC command, so now I think
> this syntax was not a really good idea.
>
> I should have used the opposite syntax, i.e. a keyword like "BACKGROUND"
> or "DO NOT WAIT"!

Mmm, I thought the same for SHELL; some old basic and perhaps VB had
this instruction (or it was SYSTEM?), which waited for the command
completion (perhaps because there was not the background feature).

For EXEC, the way it is now seems to me more appropriate in a unix
environment. To change things would break compatibility with old sources...

Regards,
Doriano