[Gambas-user] Release of Gambas 2.9

Fri Oct 31 09:06:31 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Finally, two months after the release of Gambas 2.8, here is a new version.
>
> The main changes are:
>
> * The code editor can now use any font. Consequently, you will be able to use
> chinese and other non western languages in your code, and Liang Wei should be
> happy.
>
> * The IDE creates packages inside their own directories.
>
> * A "paste special" feature has been implemented. You can paste text as plain
> text, HTML, as a quoted string, as a comment, as PRINT instructions.
>
> * Gambas Server Pages allows you to create web pages dynamically. See the old
> mail about that in the mailing-list for more information, or the
> documentation page on the wiki.
>
> * Deleted forms now become immediately invalid. This may produce new errors in
> your old code ('Invalid object').
>
> * The networking components were fixed. But not all bugs were erased for sure.
>
> There are many other fixes, so go there to see the full changelog:
> http://gambas.sf.net/changelog2.html.
>
> Regards,

Absolutely terrific, Benoit, Gambas is awesome! Meanwhile I could get
used to the non-MDI interface of Gambas 2 and really love working with
it, although there is still a lot of new stuff over Gambas 1 to be found
for me :-)

For example, I just stumbled over the fact that TableView now has an
editable cell method and this seems to be the only difference to
GridView now. C'est genial! It would make my own efforts to implement
editing a cell obsolete. But then I didn't find a way to wrap text in a
cell... well, that's another mail.

Regards

Rolf