[Gambas-user] embed OpenOffice

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Oct 24 01:19:39 CEST 2008

On mardi 14 octobre 2008, jbskaggs wrote:
> Okay I have both Abiword and Openoffice embedding properly. The issue was a
> missing space at the end of the window name.
>
> Anyway now both of the applications while running as embedded features do
> not respond to the mouse properly.  You have multi click or rick click and
> cancel to get the curser on either program to move to the new location and
> the scrollbars do not respond to the mouse.
>
> Is that normal for embedded objects?
>
> JB

Normally this is not normal, but embedding real applications is officially
supported only if the embedded application supports the "XEMBED" protocol.

This protocol defines some special X11 messages exchanged between the embedder
and the embedded application so that cursor focus is correctly handled, among
other things.

Benoit Minisini