[Gambas-user] sending command to stdin

Sun Oct 19 19:19:14 CEST 2008

Joshua Higgins ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a frontend to Fluidsynth. Once fluidsynth is started is accepts
> commands through stdin. How would I go about sending commands (e.g. "prog 1
> 000-001" ) to its stdin.
>
> p.s. I can't seem to access gambasdoc.org from here. Any one else?

We (this forum) finished just few days ago to talk about EXEC, SHELL and
I/O to processes.
Go to the sourceforge forum, and you will see example and explanations.

Anyway, just to start, you have to EXEC fluidsynth from inside gambas
"FOR WRITE", then write to that stream to send data to fluidsynth.

Cheers,
Doriano