[Gambas-user] Text formatting in TextArea

Sat Oct 18 09:33:46 CEST 2008

Almanova Sistemi ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> in first tank's to Doriano Blengino and Stefano Palmeri for suggestion
> about TableView.
> I have followed the second suggestion from Doriano Blengino.
>
> Now I have a new problem:
>
> I need to modify part of text in TextArea.
>
> E.g.: I have a text like "bla bla bla ..." and I nedd to have "bla *bla*
> bla..." or "bla _bla_ bla ..." and so on.
>
> Ok, how I can do this?

I think you want to use bold, underline... in brief, text formatting.
TextArea won't do that - TextLabel does. Put in a TextLabel a string
like "<i>Ciao</i>" and it will show as italic.
Help says that TextLabel use a simple Html to render text. But it is a
label (not user-editable).

If you want to do a simple word processor, then try TextEdit (in gb.qt.ext).

Cheers,
Doriano