[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Gambas

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Thu Oct 16 08:47:46 CEST 2008

On Thursday 16 October 2008, Doriano Blengino wrote:
> Ron_1st ha scritto:

> You could try a batch rename for all file names. Try this command line:
>
>     echo -n "See 123 è飧.ç°#" |tr -c [:alnum:]" ." -; echo

That is not posible. There are 2 unknown letters that should be replaced by one?
Second German is not the native language of Kari when I understood right,
so it is unknown how to rename '14-43-18.06.02_APIs_f??r_ComboBox_+_ListBox.zip'
Only german speaking persoon know that it must be ...APIs_für_ComboBox... or
...APIs_fuer_ComboBox...

> In my italian keyboard I have the èé£, you will have other glyphs. If
> this could help, then a
>
>     for a in *; do mv "$a" "$(echo -n "$a" |tr -c [:alnum:]' .' -)"; done
>
> should remove all those unwanted/erroneous chars. You can add other
> glyphs to be maintained, inside the quotes after [:alnum].
>
> I think that, if "ls |wc" complains, then gambas is legitimate to
> complain too: of course by raising a catchable error.

That's me idea too.