[Gambas-user] gb.crypt ?

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Tue Oct 14 17:47:49 CEST 2008

Il martedì 14 ottobre 2008 17:27:31 Kari Laine ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> could someone please send a little example how to use gb.crypt's MD5 to
> calculate checksum for a file?
>

> Best Regards
> Kari Laine

Reading the Gambas help, I don't think this is gb.c goal.

gb.crypt
This component allows you to crypt a password and to compare crypted passwords
by using the DES or MD5 algoritm implemented in the GNU libc library.

but I may be wrong. Use SHELL:

DIM smd5checksum AS String

SHELL "md5sum " & path_to_file & " |  cut -f1 -d ' ' " TO smd5checksum

Ciao,

Stefano