[Gambas-user] Html versus RTF format in TextEdit

jbskaggs jbskaggs at ...1871...
Mon Oct 13 23:52:56 CEST 2008

In Gambas 2.5 I could not get .rtf files from Abi or Openoffice to load into
Textedit properly.  But TextEdit loads HTML very nicely.

Am I to assume that for rich text editing we are to use to HTML/XML format
and not the *.rtf format generated by word processors?

If Textedit can properly read and parse *.rtf how do I set textedit to do
this?

Because for now it displays all the style settings etc as text.

For th time being I am using the html/xml format, but RTF would seem a
better option.

Thoughts anyone?

JB