[Gambas-user] Help with SHELL and EXEC

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Oct 12 15:31:34 CEST 2008

On dimanche 12 octobre 2008, Doriano Blengino wrote:

> Tell me what your tests say to you - this is very interesting because I
> did not try if that book was true or not.

Strange behaviours.

If I replace INPUT OUTPUT by READ WRITE, the process does not write to its
standard output anymore.

But if I replace the "tr" program by "cat", then READ WRITE works as expected.

So there is something different in "tr" that prevents him to work with the
READ WRITE options.

Moreover, sometimes the first write to the "tr" process fails (with a bad file
descriptor error message).

All that needs some investigation...

Benoit Minisini