[Gambas-user] Autocomplete

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Oct 8 20:00:35 CEST 2008

On mercredi 08 octobre 2008, David Villalobos Cambronero wrote:
> Ok, I'll try.
>
> I got an Editor to hinglight MySQL Keywords, but I want that when the user
> types INS shows a box with some words like INSERT, just as Gambas does.
>
> In Gambas if you  write PRI then appears a box with PRIVATE and some other
> Gambas Keywords. That is what I want to do.
>
> Hope I was clear enough.
>
>  Regards
>

> --
> David

I mainly display a ListView on top of the Editor control. Editor has methods
to know where the cursor is so that you can move the ListView just under it.

You can look in the IDE source code to have the details. But it is complex, as
it supports different auto-completions: class symbols, event handlers,
keywords, identifiers, special methods.

Benoit Minisini