[Gambas-user] Bleh

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Fri Oct 3 20:49:30 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 9:37 PM, Kari Laine <klaine8 at ...626...> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM, Stefano Palmeri <rospolosco at ...152...>wrote:
>
>> Il venerdì 3 ottobre 2008 18:12:00 Ron ha scritto:
>> > Have sent several mails in last days to this list, they simple don't
>> > show up.
>> > I hate that, waste of time.
>> >

>> Oh, well (or not). I thought it was just me.
>> I lost a couple of mails last week.
>>

> I have also lost many mails (about 6) to the list. Not lately because I
> understood that I have to figure out this Gambas myself instead of asking
> stupid questions :-)
>
> I suggest that another mailing list should be set up with an another
> provider. They are not expensive - I can pay for that. I already have an
> hosting package which include mailing list service. It's a big provider with
> lot's of space and bandwidth (servage). I could set up a list by tomorrow if
> wanted. Also I could offer service to exchange Gambas-programs from that
> site. Gambasforge would be great if it worked. I can not get any gz as
> correct they are always corrupted. This was situation a couple of weeks ago
> - have not tried lately.
>
> Also a net forum could be set up. Many people are not comfortable with
> mailing lists - they prefer forums. Naturally such are forum would be  worth
> nothing  if Benoit would not visit it.

Sorry to get back to you again but had a look my servage hosting. The
"mailing list" is more like customer mailing list. It's managed manually. It
is not like typical mailing list. Anyway my offer stands if we can find a
good mailing list hoster - I am prepared to pay the bills. It probably
shouldn't be more than about 100euros/year.

Best Regards
Kari Laine