[Gambas-user] Gambas-user Digest, Vol 30, Issue 49

L Jumadi l.jumadi at ...626...
Sat Nov 22 14:54:03 CET 2008

On vendredi 21 novembre 2008, L Jumadi wrote:
 > I just want to know wheter gambas can set property inside a virtual
 > collection. For Example I try to set Rows.H of a Gridview, I try command
 > like this:
 >
 > Object.SetProperty(Obj,"Rows.H",10)
 >
 > (Where Obj is a Gridview, and of course "Rows.H" usually a variable)
 >
 > It return error. Is there any other way to do it? I have trouble to
 > read property too (Dynamically), but someway gambas debugger can read
 > it properly (I think it should use to read it dynamically). Am I
 > missing something?

 >You can't do that with Object.SetProperty. But the question is: why do you use
 >Object.SetProperty?

 >You can use an Object reference:

 >DIM hObject AS Object = Obj
 >hObject.Rows.H = 10
 >--
 >Benoit Minisini

Of course I do that because actually Rows.H is a data in a database.
FYI: Right now I create a database driven application with gambas. So
I never use any of gambas form (Can you Imagine that?!) but can
display GUI like if we use a form. Everything driven by the data. From
the data my program create the form dynamically. So user (actually
it's me as programmer) can modify the property of an object just by
editting the data. So far it going well until i want to modify the
rows.h. May be I can intercept that with some other code, but in the
future if there is many virtual object like this I must code it one by
one. So if there any solution for this I can set other "maybe in the
future" virtual object.

Regards

L.Jumadi