[Gambas-user] compiling a programm on the console

Fri Nov 21 16:07:21 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
>> Is this right? I think that the IDE, if not all applications, should
>> give precedence to the home directory, or the last-modified (more
>> up-to-date) component... or am I wrong?
>>
>> Thanks, regards,
>>
>> Doriano
>>

> You are wrong. :-)
>
> The system directory has priority over the home directory, for security
> reasons.

I could agree for compiled apps, even if in my thought security is not
achieved through these mechanisms.

On the other hand, there is nothing in those components that could not
be done in the IDE itself... I mean: if I, as a regular user, wanted to
do something forbidden, I could compile a dangerous thing and run it -
either in gambas or with a C compiler. If I want to install a
thirdy-party gambas-forbidden-rootkit, well, the IDE will not prohibit
me to do so... so where is the security? Gambas would prohibit to use a
personal copy of a component already present in the system - it seems
not a big deal to me...
 but of course, as always, I could be wrong.

Regards,
Doriano