[Gambas-user] Building Gambas on Ubuntu 8.10

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 20 22:36:05 CET 2008

On jeudi 20 novembre 2008, Gareth Bult wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like the version of libtool now on Ubuntu 8.10 (V2.2) is
> incompatible with the version Gambas uses (1.5?) and as a result I can't
> build either the 2.x or 3.x svn trees.
>
> Anyone got a fix / way round this ?

I have no fix, because they are not compatible indeed. Ubuntu should provide
both version of libtool. If I remember, you can install it by just taking the
*.deb package from Debian.

Maybe there is a way to compile a project made with libtool 1.5 with libtool
2.x, but at the moment I don't know.

I think Gambas should not be the only project with that problem, and it is the
first time I see libtool 2.

If some Ubuntu 8.10 user had compiled another project with libtool 2, please
tell us the result!

Benoit Minisini