[Gambas-user] New Error message with 2.9

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Tue Nov 18 17:47:57 CET 2008

Il martedì 18 novembre 2008 17:16:36 moon_walker ha scritto:
> Thanks again.
> I tryed it as you described and worked it fine.
> The error disappeared also.
>
> So how do i uninstall the previous version if i want to keep this revision?
>
> Thx
> Attila
>
> Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> > Il venerdì 14 novembre 2008 20:34:46 moon_walker ha scritto:
> >> Hi Stefano,
> >>
> >> thanks,
> >> but what means SVN version? :-)
> >>
> >> thx
> >> Attila
> >
> > From Gambas site download page:

> >------------------------
> >
> > To get a snapshot of the 2.x development version, do:
> >
> > $ mkdir 2.0
> > $ svn checkout
> > https://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/gambas/gambas/branches/2.0
> > $ cd 2.0
> > $ ./reconf-all
> >
> > Do not forget to install automake and autoconf, otherwise the
> > ./reconf-all script will not work.

> >-------------------------
> >
> > The svn version is the current version Benoit is working on. It adds
> > fixes or changes day by day and then it will become probably 2.9.1.
> >
> > After ./reconf-all, then you have to run ./configure, make and make
> > install.
> > If you want to use this version, uninstall previous Gambas.
> >
> > Bye,
> >
> > Stefano

> > challenge
> > Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great
> > prizes
> > Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the
> > world

ohi, ohi... You should have unistalled the previous before installing
the revision version. Anyway, no problem.

If you compiled 2.9 from source package, just go in the source directory
where you compiled it and run as root:

make uninstall

then go in the revision directory and run again

make install

If installed 2.9 with an RPM package uninstall it with
your package manager, and then go in the revision directory
and run again:

make install

That's all. The svn version installs in the same location
of the stable version, so you probably overwrote same files.

Bye,

Stefano