[Gambas-user] Bug: in gb, net socket client code in combination with gb.qt

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Nov 12 23:46:06 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On mercredi 12 novembre 2008, Ron wrote:
>
>> Hmm, got stuck on another strange bug, preventing me from releasing my
>> project grrr...
>>
>> I posted sometime ago already that after changes in svn I got weird
>> errors like these:
>>
>> QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 18 and type read
>>
>> BUT, my socket code is almost the same  as the Gambas example project
>> 'ClientSocket' which worked ok.
>> I was driving me nuts.
>>
>> Then I got a lightbulb moment telling me that QSocketNofifier is a QT
>> thing, so if you change ClientSocket to use component gb.qt instead of
>> gb.gtk, it has the same bug!!
>>
>> If you read a socket you get the above error and no input.
>>
>> I have done my part, now Benoit can fix it, lol..
>>

>> Using Gambas 2,9 from svn today, and Ubuntu 8.04, and gb.qt.
>>

>> I never had thought that QT had something to do with network sockets.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ron_2nd.
>>

> The ClientSocket example did not work, both with gb.gtk and gb.qt, because of
> a bug in the Socket source code.
>
> I fixed the Socket class in the last revisions: now the example works again.
> But I do not have the warnings you get with Qt. Which Qt version do you use?

ClientSocket with gb.gtk seemed to work ok here, I connected with it to
my asterisk manager
192.168.100.2 on TCP port 5038 and got it's prompt back 'Asterisk Call
Manager/1.0'

Synaptic says installed qt is version 3:3.3.8-b-ubuntu3

Didn't have those udpsocket problems with my serial port code, and I
poll every second 24/7, and have about 6 serial devices attached.
Knowing that, do you think my signal 11 coredumps on ubuntu 8.10 could
be caused by this bug?

Anyway, my program seems to work much better now ;-) the errors are gone.

Thanks for fixing so fast!

Regards,
Ron_2nd.