[Gambas-user] Bug: in gb, net socket client code in combination with gb.qt

Ron ron at ...1740...
Wed Nov 12 19:31:22 CET 2008

Hmm, got stuck on another strange bug, preventing me from releasing my
project grrr...

I posted sometime ago already that after changes in svn I got weird
errors like these:

QSocketNotifier: Multiple socket notifiers for same socket 18 and type read

BUT, my socket code is almost the same  as the Gambas example project
'ClientSocket' which worked ok.
I was driving me nuts.

Then I got a lightbulb moment telling me that QSocketNofifier is a QT
thing, so if you change ClientSocket to use component gb.qt instead of
gb.gtk, it has the same bug!!

If you read a socket you get the above error and no input.

I have done my part, now Benoit can fix it, lol..

Using Gambas 2,9 from svn today, and Ubuntu 8.04, and gb.qt.

I never had thought that QT had something to do with network sockets.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.