[Gambas-user] Web application - CURL and Cookies?

GarulfoUnix garulfounix at ...626...
Tue Nov 11 11:30:48 CET 2008

birchy a écrit :
> I have a need to develop a web app that can do the following:
> 1) interact with a web server via http

First, you have the HttpClient class into the gb.net.curl, so
there is no problem to interact with a server web.
> 2) login to the site and maintain a session via cookies

In seconde place, you have also a Session class which allows you
to manage sessions. Take a look at this for more information :
http://www.gambasdoc.org/help/comp/gb.web/session
> 3) parse the html

To my knowledge, there is no parser available in Gambas.
> There is a large selection of libraries that can do this in Java, but i'm
> much more familiar with VB6/Gambas. As far as i understand, the solutions
> are:
> 1) gb.net.curl
> 2) gb.net.curl
> 3) gb.xml
>
> I have read that curl can handle cookies, but have no idea how to do it in
> Gambas - are there any code samples? gb.xml is based on libxml2 and i have
> read that libxml2 can also handle html...but again, i cannot find any
> information on how to do this in Gambas via gb.xml as the documentation is
> very incomplete. Can anyone confirm that Gambas is capable of producing my
> web app, or would i be better off using Java?

What you want, Gambas may do it. You should try to find examples
for each component that you need. Do you know the GambasForge
website ? It's a website which regroups a lots Gambas programs
with their source codes. Here is the link :

http://www.gambasforge.net/cgi-bin/index.gambas

However, if you meet problems with it, don't be amazed. This one
is under development at this moment in time.

Regards,

GarulfoUnix.