[Gambas-user] Latest Gambas packages for Ubuntu - Broken?

Epíleg epileg at ...626...
Sun Nov 9 19:20:23 CET 2008

En/na MaxVK ha escrit:
> Hi, please forgive me if I am getting lost along the way here: I'm on and off
> of the PC at the moment for various reasons, and I seem to spend my time
> trying to catch up!
>
> Anyway, I went to the Gambas website
> (http://gambas.sourceforge.net/download.html) to find the latest packages
> for Ubuntu but the link (http://gambas.gnulinex.org/ubuntu) to the newer
> packages seems to be broken (The page never loads).
>
> Does anyone have an alternative link to the latest Ubuntu deb packages
> please. I currently have Gambas 2.0.0, which I seem to remember updating
> some time ago now.
>
> regards
>
> Max

You can build them Yourself.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/source/gambas2

Download the three files (gambas2_2.8.2-1.dsc, gambas2_2.8.2.orig.tar.gz and gambas2_2.8.2-1.diff.gz) and save them in a folder. With the command line go to this folder and type:
$ dpkg-source -x gambas2_2.8.2-1.dsc
$ cd gambas2-2.8.2/
$ sudo dpkg-buildpackage
Probably You will need to install some packages at this moment, do it and try the last command again. After a while You will get all .deb's files.

Regards.

--
Epíleg