[Gambas-user] Resize event...

Stephen Bungay sbungay at ...981...
Sun Nov 9 05:48:33 CET 2008

   A form, lets call it "FormX" contains a tabStrip which has another
form, call it "FormY" dynamically instantiated inside the TabStrip at
run-time. FormY has three controls on it, a calendar, a table, and a
VSplit to seperate them.
   When FormX is resized the TabStrip is resized and I want to couple
this to FormY by firing it's resize event. I do this by explicitly
calling what I think is the FormY.Resize event, but FormY.Resize wants
Width and Height paramters passed to it. This I find kind of strange
because FormY_Resize has no Width and Height Parameters in the declared
in the event.
   When the code is stepped through the FormY_Resize does not fire when
FormY.Resize(Width,Height) is called and the controls stubbornly remain
the size they were when initialized.
   A couple of questions;

1. Why does FormY.Resize want Width and Height parameters when clearly
there are no such parameters in the FormY_Resize event?

2. Why is FormY_Resize not firing?