[Gambas-user] Values between forms..

Sat Nov 8 16:59:43 CET 2008

birchy ha scritto:
> Bugzilla from gambas at ...1... wrote:
>
>> One of the rules of good programming is making the less possible things
>> public
>>

> I totally agree with this, but if we have a project rich with progress bars
> and other graphical displays, it is not uncommon to write a class or module
> to handle them. Perhaps i have misunderstood how to do this in Gambas. How
> would i do this from a class without making the controls public?
>
> PUBLIC SUB test()
>   FMain.Label1.Text = "TEST"
> END

Perhaps a wrapper method should be used... with no gain (one thing
public instead of another one - where is the improvement?).

I am reluctant too to make public all the controls of all the forms -
there should be a way to make public just the needed things, perhaps a
"publish" keyword, so to make public a few identifier known by the class
but hidden inside a form...

Regards,
Doriano